Monday, June 1, 2015

Sharing the Gospel

So today i felt great!!!!
I was sitting with some friends of mine in the cafeteria, when we began to speak about religion. Although i wouldn't call this a religion - its instead a relationship with God - i was reminded of who i am in Christ and began sharing my point of view. Some are Muslim and some jews and although there are a minimal amount of things that each of those has in common with being Apostolic, they differ greatly. I felt so great to be able to share out my belief and to even cite the bible and make them aware of the greatness of God. One of the topic we came upon was revenge.

Previous to lunch i had math class. There was a guy sitting next to me (who looooves to bother me) and he kept hitting me (playfully ofc) and bothering me and ill keep telling him t stop kindly. There came a point where he said "How come you never hit me back". When we were talking in the cafeteria, i brought that up and i told my friends "remember when ____ asked me why i never hit me back?" and i told them that its because revenge is not something i should do. Even on something a simple as that, i don't feel the need to hit him back simply because he did it to me first. Just in doing things like that i was giving testimony of who i am and how i aspire to be like Christ. Ephesians 5:1 tells us to follow Gods example so that's what we must do :)

Soon after, i walked over to the vending machine, and there was a teacher sitting in one of the tables near the machine and she calls me over and asks me what religion i'm from and i told her that i'm Pentecostal. Then she started complimenting me on how i carry myself in such a respectful way and how i'm not like the others. This made me feel so so good because that's what i want. I want to be set apart and not be like the rest because we weren't called to blend in with the crowd but to stand out, representing our creator. So remember, its never bad to be the difference. Instead be proud of it. Never forget that revenge is for the Lord to take and not for us to put into action, God is watching us at all times and we must live to be like him. God bless <3

No comments:

Post a Comment