Monday, June 22, 2015

God Listens!

God bless guys, so my last post was about how I was feeling kinda distant from God well guess what? okay no let me back up lol so initially (initially being like 2013) I wanted the Holy Spirit so bad! but it seemed so hard for me to connect to God in services and I would see how other people would speak in tongues so easily but I wouldn't then one day the summer of 2013 I was finally gifted with tongues. It was one of the happiest days of my life. Then it took me forever to speak again and I knew there was something wrong because God says that he doesn't deposit of his wine in an old vessel because then the wine would go to waste Matthew 2:22 (the wine being the holy spirit) so I knew I had to fix something but I didn't know what it was. Recently (this year) I have felt the Holy Spirit so many more times than ever before. Every time I would be worshipping during service, the Holy Ghost would come upon me and I would be completely swayed by it. Then as i stated in my last entry, I began to feel distant.

Yesterday, I felt God hugging me (not literally). I felt God right by me. I was in service and while listening to the sermon I felt God speaking to me. He was talking directly to me as I had asked him to do in the prayer before the preaching. His words were so comforting and they gave me courage. Soon after, I was worshipping him and crying in his presence and it came again. I found myself speaking in tongues. There's nothing more than that, that makes me feel closer to God. That is a sign that God abides in you.

This just proves how active God is and how he actually listens to our prayers as he declares in 1 John 5:14. When I had written my entry, I was praying to God asking him to make me feel close to him again and to help me be where I once was. There, God clearly answered my prayer so he can do the same to you. One thing you must know is that you need to seek him in order to find him, you need to call in order to have the door be open to you as it says in Matthew 7:7-11.You cant expect God to give you without you asking, yes he knows our hearts and he knows the intentions of our hearts and is able to discern our every thought, but we must confess that we need him. Try to separate yourself from what doesn't allow you to be close to God and instead ask him to give you his spirit.

Dear God, I am now aware that you listen to my prayers and that I must seek in order to find. I ask you please to allow me to grow spiritually and may I not be deceived by the devil, instead give me wisdom in order to know what's good and what's bad. In Jesus name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. You don't know how much I needed this. Thank you!

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry im replying so late, but im so glad this word was of help to you. God bless you greatly!

      Delete