Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dont be Ashamed!


Guys I am so extremely sorry, once again I haven't posted consecutively because I've been caught up in other things but I'm back for good :) I would really like it if you guys left comments on whatever you think I should write about next, just if you have suggestions, or just saying whatever you want to say :)

Yesterday I was at work. There's a lady that works with me and she kept asking me questions. She knows I'm Pentecostal but the things she was asking me made me feel intimidated and kind of ashamed. I was talking to her and she asks me "What are the things you cant do?" and I began to list them and I realized that there are a lot of thing. It doesn't please God for us to smoke, drink, wear the wrong attire, curse, listen to worldly music, adultery, fornication, lying...and so on. As I listed them I started to cut them short because I felt ashamed and it made me remember this time I was in school. I was sitting outside my classroom waiting to go into class and there's a kid there and he starts to look at me and asks me if I'm religious (because of the skirt) and since that's one of he words I dislike the most I say no. I don't like the word religious because what I believe in isn't a religion, its a God, THE God. Its a relationship with him not just another imagination or fantasy. So I told him it was more of a lifestyle which it is and he began asking me the same questions about what I can and cant do.

At that moment when I was feeling ashamed I remembered what God said in Matthew 10:33 (But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.) and I thought about how sad it would be to be before my king and to have him disown me because of my ashamedness of him here on Earth. This makes me want to talk about him to everyone as we were called to do. We mustn't be ashamed of who we are in him because we are a royal priesthood, a holy nation, we are his chosen people to announce the praises of him who has called us from darkness to his admirable light (1 peter 2:9) so if he has done so much for us, why must we do so little for him? He took us out of the miry clay and has gave us value, he has placed us in high places and made us his children so the least we can do is not be ashamed of him and freely speak of who he is and who we are in him.

Dear God, I know that its hard to speak of you to those that don't know you or love you but I ask you to help me and give me strength and courage so I may not be ashamed of my identity in you, instead may I freely proclaim that I am yours and that you are my savior. Allow me to be clothed in valor to walk as a representation of you in my daily journey. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment